About our Pre-School
Magic Box Pre-School was founded 25 years ago, in 1986, by two Wellow mums to serve children of the community in and around Wellow. Initially a playgroup, Magic Box has grown and developed into an established Pre-School. Magic Box is a registered charity and is OFSTED registered. It is run by a committee (of parents and staff) and staffed by qualified carers.
We aim to provide a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment for children to learn, expanding their skills and knowledge so giving them the best possible preparation for school and the world beyond.
- The opportunity for your child to learn in an environment that nurtures confidence and self-esteem. All children at Magic Box not only learn from following the set curriculum but also learn to make friends with other children and their adult teachers so gaining independence in a safe and caring environment.
- Outdoor activities: our rural village location allows wonderful access to the outdoors. We go outside every day, not only for playtime, but also use the playground as an outdoor ‘classroom’ and the adjoining playing field for sports and games.
- Music, art and cookery sessions. We actively seek outside professionals to visit to provide activities on a range of topics, and welcome visits from parents with any skills they wish to share.
- A key worker for each child which enables us to provide individual attention and consistency for the child. Each child is able to progress at his or her own pace in all areas of development.
- The opportunity for you as parents to participate in your child’s education by being involved in the committee, attending the AGM, supporting fundraising and other events and giving your feed-back to Magic Box.
For more information, please download our prospectus.